by BG Staff
It’s holiday season and what better way to give back to our readers than TWO big baskets full of goodies, courtesy of our sponsors. Our writers and editors are grateful for our niche Brown Girl community that spans across the globe for their ongoing support, inspiration and good vibes.
We had a big year with lots of ups and some downs, but our readers have stuck through it all. We hope you continue to support our platform of empowerment, and share our stories with your friends! Enter both giveaways for a chance to win!
And a big THANK YOU to our sponsors, without whom this would not have been possible!
1. A pink/silver clutch, perfect for the holidays, by Maya Avenue, a New York City boutique with the latest fashion trends for formal wear, especially their latest collection of prom dresses.[Follow Maya Avenue on Facebook and Instagram]
3. A special collection of 4 oz. lotions (Rubee, Rinju, Beaute Reelle and Pierre la Touche) by R&R Cosmetics, manufacturers and distributors of skin and hair products. [Follow R&R Cosmetics on Facebook and Instagram]
4. A digital copy of the Saris To Suits 2015-16 calendar, which features successful and empowered South Asian, including Kulsoom Abdullah, the first female Pakistani-American woman to compete in weightlifting while wearing the hijab, Amrita Saigal who used her engineering background and invented the inexpensive Saathi Pads from biodegradable banana tree fiber for use by women in rural India, and the former 2014 Miss America Nina Davuluri. [Follow Sari to Suits on Facebook]
5. A copy of BG’s favorite, “Painted Hands,” by Jennifer Zobair. The novel divulges into the diversity of Muslim-American culture by centering on the lives of four women coming from very different backgrounds and experiences. [Follow Jennifer Zobair on Facebook]
1. A pair of “Zubeda Gold Toned Jhumki Earrings with faux Pearl” by India Trend, the latest in South Asian traditional jewelry without sacrificing the allure, character and personal service of offline shopping.[Follow India Trend on Facebook and Instagram]
2. A 6-month subscription to Hijabi Box, which comes tailored to your liking with with a scarf, matching accessories (underscarf cap, hijab pins, etc) and a unique treat every month. Not a hijabi yourself? You can opt to pass along the subscription as a gift for a friend! [Follow Hijabi Box on Facebook]
3. A cook book, “The Bengali Five Spice Chronicles,” by Rinku Bhattacharya, is unique in the way the recipes are categorized based on the spice that is primarily used in it and personalized by stories from the author’s personal life and historical tidbits relating to Kolkata, India. [Follow the author for daily posts on her blog and Facebook]
6. The “Peacock Hanky Dress” with bronze trim by Silk Threads, a fashionable ethnic wear boutique that reflects both Indian heritage and Western sensibilities. [Follow Silk Threads on Facebook and Pinterest]