by Priya Kaur
Being single on Valentine’s Day does not mean something is wrong with you, or that you are unlovable. It means you just haven’t found the right person yet. There is no need to spend the day wallowing in self-pity, instead, embrace the beauty behind it. Spend Valentine’s Day loving yourself, and in the words of Donna and Tom from NBC’s “Parks and Recreation”: “treat yo self.”
The right man will come along, just give it time. For now, enjoy life and remember, in love there is no rush. The best types of love are worth the wait.
1. You get to make fun of all your married/in a relationship/it’s complicated friends who want to “kill” their significant other’s for not making Valentine’s Day a big enough celebration.
Photo Source: http://myfriendsaremarried.tumblr.com/
2. You can eat enough chocolate to go into a state of chocolate overload coma in the comfort of your pajamas.
Photo Source: http://iconofood.tumblr.com/
3. You can watch “Sex and the City” with your other single friends, and take a shot at all the best moments (legal age only, please). Especially this one:
Photo Source: http://sexandthecitygifs.tumblr.com/
4. When you’ve finished “Sex and the City,” you can watch episodes of “Friends” and determine if Ross and Rachel were really just on a break.
Photo Source: http://aniston-bitches.tumblr.com/
5. To spice the night up, you can begin reading “50 Shades of Grey,” in time to watch the movie with your single girlfriends later that evening.
Photo Source: http://eonline.tumblr.com/
6. You do not have to worry about finding the perfect gift for your significant other, instead you can buy yourself the perfect gift.
Photo Source: http://agnesmaddness91.tumblr.com/
7. You don’t have to worry about wearing sexy lingerie unless you are counting your over-sized T-shirt and house slippers as sexy sleepwear.
Photo Source: http://mental-one.tumblr.com/
8. All those love songs playing in the background of every store, restaurant and radio station; turn them off and blast some dance music. You can have a dance party, by yourself. I mean, c’mon, look at Queen Bey, she gives us enough reasons for a jam session.
Photo Source: http://yoncehaunted.tumblr.com/
9. Go on an adventure by yourself. Just because you don’t have someone to share it with, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t go. There’s no one holding you back.
Photo Source: http://crushabledotcom.tumblr.com/
10. You get to be your own true love. Today is all about you. Do something for yourself, without making an excuse. Now’s the time to shower yourself with love.
Photo Source: http://flypurely.tumblr.com/
Priya Kaur graduated from Texas Woman’s University with a Bachelors of Arts in Psychology. She is pursing her Master’s of Arts degree in Professional Counseling at Amberton University. Priya has more than four years of experience working with adults with severe mental health diagnosis’. She hopes to give insight to young South Asian women on a variety of topics, including relationships, culture, family life, personal concerns, etc.